Are we following the Terminator Salvation Timeline?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are we following the Terminator Salvation Timeline?

Post  Nerdman3000 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:44 pm

As the title states, are we following the Terminator Salvation timeline, but just having it in 2029, or are we going with the T1 and T2 or even T3 timeline. I hope were following the TS timeline, because it allows more Terminators, plus the only difference is the inclusion of the Plasma Weapony and fact people were afraid of fighting at night.

Nerdman3000
Admin

View user profile http://fpsterminator.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we following the Terminator Salvation Timeline?

Post  Drakel101 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 pm

You can't follow the Salvation timeline if there's plasma and fighting at night, the fact that in the alpha this stuff is happening pretty much means that, at least partially, the game won't follow the timeline.

In any case Salvation would leave no room for the incredibly talented dev to be creative.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Who says, plasma weaponry was built in 2021 or 2022, so in 2018 where Terminator Salvation takes place, there would be no plasma weaponry, actully in Terminator Salvation the HK's already used plasma weaponry. In 2021 or 2022 Skynet found out how to minitureize it into a gun.

Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Salvation ends with what starts The Resistance using plasma: A terminator getting pumped full of bullets and 'nades and all that happens is he gets the skin taken off his endo-skeleton.

Resistance use plasma 'cos everything else is pretty much useless, Skynet use plasma probably because it's more efficient.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:52 pm

I know, just saying they can be in the same timeline, heck the only evidence I have that they are is the Harvester.

Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Well they're all canon so they're all in the entire Terminator timeline, I thought you were asking if FPSTerminator was happening during Salvation.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 pm

No I was asking if it happened after Salvation, remember Salvation was caused by Sarah Connor blowing up Cyberdyne in Terminator 2.

Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:57 pm

I get what you mean now, I'd assume it would but aside from a few names it'd probably be exactly the same.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Won't be exactly the same, but they'd be close.

Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NarlyTeeth on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:19 pm

The scenario in the alpha demo is set at a skynet base in sanfransico. in salvation, the base got destroyed from the t800 power cells. but it is a possiblity that skynet may have rebuilt the base over the next 11 years. Terminator salvation took place 10years before the war in T1 and T2. they used bullets because they were still quite effective against the titanium alloys of the t600s. they did have plasma weapons in salvation (the harvester, the HK arieals and the mototermys had them) but they flew slower and fire slower, due to overheating easily, than they do in 2029. I personally believe the main reson Skynet invented plasma tech, was because plasma is a great manufacture tool as well as a weapon. the T800s' alloy is just to tough for traditional welding tools.

just because salvation is on a different timeline doesn't mean it's a completely different reality. it follows the original timeline quite well considoring it's ten years before time travel was invented. Skynet's rate of advancing tech is exponentially higher than ours. Ten years for skynet is like 30 years for us.

NarlyTeeth
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 pm

So the game is on a timeline in which in T2 they were successful in stopping the T1000 but failed to blow Cyberdyne? Awesome.

Even as humans every 2 years our technology becomes twice as fast and half the size so for a machine working 3 times faster that's insane.

I wouldn't've thought a computer would make the link between manufacturing and weaponry but then again it did become self aware and start a nuclear near-apocalypse so in retrospect I really shouldn't be surprised.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NarlyTeeth on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 am

well the future flashbacks in T1 and T2, are obviously not the same timeline as T1 and T2's actual plot. Fps terminator is following the timeline of the flashback sequences of the first two films, not the the timeline of the films themselves.

NarlyTeeth
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerdman3000 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 am

I think we should use the film timeline, maybe even show that General Turner knows about Connors past with time travel.

Nerdman3000
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakel101 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 am

Regardless it goes to what the dev wants, considering he's the guy that's actually making the game.

I'm more in favour of T1 & 2 flashbacks as it gives chance to be more interesting with storyline etc.

Drakel101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:57 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top